Green Building Practices
GFC Development promotes a healthier planet by providing the following green services and materials:
- Bio-based foam insulation
- Cellulose insulation
- High efficiency heating and energy recapture systems
- Geo thermal energy
- Photovoltaic or PV energy systems (solar energy)
- Sustainable flooring materials
- Recycled glass counter tops
- Recycled rubber tile pavers
- Energy Star certification
- LEED certification
- Energy Star high-efficiency windows
- Energy Star appliances
- Low flow water systems
- White EPD (ethylene propylene diene monomer) roofing
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating SystemTM is a third-party certification program and the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high performance green buildings.
LEED-certified buildings are designed to:
- Lower operating costs and increase asset value for occupants
- Conserve energy and water resulting in lower utility bills for occupants
- Be healthier and safer for occupants
GFC Development is well experienced in renovating, designing and building contemporary residences and commercial buildings that prepare their owners to obtain LEED certification. GFC is a LEED-accredited professional, well versed in helping clients obtain LEED credits without the extra cost, identify means of offsetting certain expenses with savings in other areas and identifying opportunities for synergies in your project. We advise and coordinate the LEED certification process from start to finish.
Energy Star Certified
Energy Star is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping Americans save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
Energy Star certified facilities use less energy, are less expensive to operate, and cause fewer greenhouse gas emissions than conventional buildings.
Buildings that have earned the Energy Star label use an average of almost 40% less energy than average buildings, and emit 35% less carbon (source: www.energystar.gov). Many of the efficiency upgrades (such as new windows and sensor lighting) can quickly pay for themselves in energy cost savings.
GFC Development is well experienced in designing and building contemporary residences and commercial buildings that prepare their owners to obtain Energy Star credits. We advise and coordinate the entire process from start to finish.